1. Which player from your own team are you most looking forward to watching?
I think I speak for all of us at THC when I say, unequivocally, it's Cedric Everson. A quick recap of The Entertainer's first month on campus:
- Told us all about humility
- Declined a redshirt and named himself a possible starter and kick/punt returner
- Did some breakdancing (OK, that happened before he arrived in Iowa City)
- Put on a show at Kid's Day, intercepting three (THREE!) passes and getting burned for a 60-yard touchdown on a short pass
2. Which player from another Big Ten team are you most looking forward to watching?
Again, I think it's unanimous: J Leman, Champaign's resident stud linebacker and mullet-sporting patriot. Sumbitch had 152 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 14 Billy Ray Cyrus comparisons, and zero haircuts.
Leman might not be the best linebacker in the conference (I'm genuinely scared of James Laurinaitis, and not only for his dad's role in the WWF's Legion of Doom), but he's certainly the most photogenic.
3. If your team was an action movie star, who would it be?
Harrison Ford. No matter what role you give us, or who you put in the cast, you know what you're getting. Regardless of whether the script calls for it, Harrison Ford will get himself into a situation which will put his family in danger. He inevitably snaps and kicks someone's ass and punches/headbutts a couple of bigger guys in the teeth, all in his ongoing quest to find his wife/son/freedom. It always ends up looking a little like this:
Like Ford, Iowa will inevitably run a never-ending string of draw plays, off-tackles, and wide receiver screens on offense and a base 4-3 cover 2, regardless of whether the game plan calls for it. And, inevitably, it works well enough to knock out a couple of teams they shouldn't beat. If you like it, great. If not, we don't give a damn, just as long as you GIVE ME BACK MY SON!