You will get nothing and like it, Orange-Man.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Better Late than Never: Preseason Blogpoll Roundtable

From blogpoll founder Brian at mGoBlog (a.k.a. The Benefactor), a couple of questions for the blogpoll voters.

Who is overrated?

I've already made my feelings on tOSU known, and mGoBlog stole my arguments against Georgia and Auburn, but what about Rocky Top (#17 Blogpoll, NR on our ballot)? The fact remains:
  • Erik Ainge has nobody to throw the ball to (and is still Erik Ainge, quarterback of the "Jesus, he's still eligible?" All Stars)
  • The offensive line looks pretty good, but there isn't a running back on UT that can run 5 yards without pulling a hamstring
  • Phil Fullmer is still a bumbling moron come game time (he was also lampooned as a yokel in Michael Lewis' "The Blind Side," but the characterization seemed all too believable)
  • The defensive line sucks balls
  • Two new corners to get torched by South Carolina
  • Nobody else can stay healthy
  • Oh yeah, they start 1-2 (@ Cal, @ Florida)
The good news? Well, they still get to play Vandy. Mark my words: UT goes 7-5 (4-4). Of course, they will still be ranked higher than 15 better teams for reasons passing understanding.

Who is underrated?

OK, so I know I just listed three SEC teams as overrated, but to show I'm not an unreasonable man, my two most underrated are also from the SEC. Again, my top choice - Arkansas (#20 in Blogpoll, #7 on our ballot) - has been explained by Brian. Read and agree.

Brian from mGoBlog: Not just The
Benefactor, but also a mind taker


My other most underrated team is South Carolina (#22 in Blogpoll, #16 on our ballot). You've got Click Clack, a senior quarterback in his third year with Spurrier, Click Clack, the majority of the starters on both sides of the ball returning (7 on offense, 6 on defense), Click Clack, Click Clack, Click Clack. Maybe I'm overstating his importance, but I have faith in Spurrier, now that he has his guys, to lay the lumber to the dregs of SEC coaching (I'm looking at you, Phil). The Gamecocks have a brutal road schedule (@ UGa, Rocky Top, Arkansas, and LSU), and they will certainly drop a few of those, but I have them at 9-3 (6-3) and my prohibitive favorite in a lackluster SEC East.

2 comments:

Hellafied said...

You know what they say, right?

You can't spell cocksucker without OSU.

Hawkeye State said...

Nobody puts baby in a corner.